alternative fuel/stupid idea?

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri Nov 28 04:14:32 GMT 1997

Jim Davies wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Craig Pugsley wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > I had a flash of inspiration last night..
> > What would happen if you tried to run an engine on an oxy-acetylene mix?
> > Instant detonation/preignition due to volatility? Or mondo power?
> >
> Been there, done that. Adjust for neutral flame, extinguish torch and
> insert in carb...WOT revs picked up several thousand and knock was
> noticeable. It was pretty entertaining while it lasted, though.
>
> Jim Davies

I've dumped straight oxy into a flooded engine so it would fire.  After the
rattling ended, it ran fine. Acetelyne, BTW, has no octane.  I read that N.
Tesla was working on a multi stage device to compress oxygen from air thereby
improving combustion efficiency.  'Course he also claimed to have a working
death ray...  Shannen