Fuel Injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sat Nov 29 02:52:51 GMT 1997

>Yeah, thats the right question.
> I really can't think of a reason to use EFI if mechanical injection is
>available.

Yeah, you sure brought up a lot of good points... however the aftermarket
world is full of good stuff.  The Holley Projection, the Edelbrock system,
etc, are just plain easy to use and install.  They both are good systems,
and are flexible enough to run "thumper" cams, radical timing, and other
good go-fast goodies. I've played with the edelbrock system recently
helping a friend tune his (though I must admit I made it worse).

Accel's TPI system is VERY slick for chevy 350's...

If you really, REALLY like the OEM stuff, jump at it, because there are
aftermarket chips available that thwart some/most/all of the emissions crud.

Of course, cutting off a Cat helps exhaust flow too :)

But only for 1966 and back :)