IAC modifications

Fisystems at aol.com Fisystems at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 21:57:33 GMT 1997

I am curious in what cam you are running,  I have been programming GM prom’s
for big cams for sometime now and It’s not really a problem.  It just takes a
lot more time to get it right.  The only thing I have had to do to the IAC
motor is enlarge the orifice on large supercharger applications to achieve a
no pedal start.  Areas of tuning in the prom that need to be modified for a
large cam are Cranking fuel,  Idle speed, Idle timing, Idle fuel, Low speed
fuel, Main fuel map, Ignition map.  Just a couple helpful hints.  Increase
idle timing and use the same value in the main fuel map for idle and start
up. This will eliminate fuel fluctuations do to varying map signal at idle.
Good luck
Ken Murillo
fisystems at aol.com