Intake manifold

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sun Nov 30 22:18:58 GMT 1997

>Ok people I want to pick some people running the 5.0 Fords. What is the
>best breathing intake manifold. I am about to start converting to MPFI
>batch fired Injection on my 64 Falcon Sedan Delivery 5.0 . All
>suggestions would be appreciated. I am running a high lift cam and will
>use my opamp circuit in the map signal circuit. I will use one of GM's
>ECM's.

For the street, nothing seems to beat out the GT-40 intake manifold for the
5.0L... it makes great torque in the low/mid end of the powerband, but over
about 6k-6500 RPM, its absolutely worthless, even if you extrude hone the
runners to smooth things out.  Never ran a 5.0 higher than 6K, and the
GT-40 manifold worked VERY well all around.