Abrasive flow finishing

Paul raleyp at UDel.Edu
Sun Nov 30 23:26:29 GMT 1997

> I'd also be interested in hearing about other people's experiences with
> having intakes extrude honed and whether it was really worth it, not to
> mention how much it cost to have it done.

 I was priced around $550 for a six cylinder intake manifold and around $500
for a six cylinder exhaust manifold.  I can make alot of horsepower from $1050
in parts, but have heard all good things about this process.  The only negative
thing is from throttle body injection engines b/c this process smooths out the
walls which were used to aid in mixture.

Paul