IAC modifications

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 30 23:52:33 GMT 1997

Ooops, just noticed something reference Jzarli.
   When playing mix, and match with injector heads to TB, be sure that
the spray pattern of the "fuel cone" is at the outside edges of the
butterflies, if not then all the fuel lays on the butterflies, puddles up
and then falls to the bottom of the plenum.  This puddled fuel don't
burn worth a ----.  If the fuel isn't out at the edges then just put
another gasket between the injector head and TB (Usually a 1/8" thick,
and that has worked well for me, to cure any errors I've found).
  Ya, but the second half of the book would be questions I have, and then
who do we sell it to???.  Gotta tell ya, at the last GM school I went to
(years ago), I had the instructor call for another instructor to help
with the class, I asked soo many questions.  They refused to give me the
phone number for the guy they called (when I asked a question they
couldn't answer), and I would have paid for that one.
   Had a p------ contest with a service rep. one time over manganese (?)
deposits on plugs, and he made a call (always wondered if it was the
same #), and he then surrendered.  The ace up my sleeve was that the
warranty repair in question was the dealer principal's own car.  I was
waitin to use that.  Sorry all for the BW.
   HTH (hope that helps) Bruce