DIY_EFI Digest V2 #338

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Wed Oct 1 01:21:16 GMT 1997

Now Tom, I aint afraid of wires. But the schematics for this system sends
chills up my spine.  Many many miles of wire. One thing I've always wondered
about is will the ECM panic if it can't find the BCM or the climate control
display. They are sophisticated systems. Everything ties to the ECM or BCM
in these systems. TPI is child play compared to the wires in the caddy system.

GMD

At 05:30 AM 9/27/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Just for grins, is anybody else at all fascinated by the cadillac stuff?
>been playing with an 85 digital setup, and while not much on computers
>or programming, it sure seems like a neat setup. It gives readouts of
>damn near everything,(admitedly only one at a time) and I have
>to wonder if some hacking and retrofitting wouldn't be able to
>accomodate just about anything. It's a map/mat sys., so should
>be canibalizable to hairy cams if that's your interest. I had one
>behind the shop,(with $50,000 scope and chassis dyno, and the car's
>computer told me everything I wanted to know so I didn't even bother
>to use the shop.) It's well documented, with the parameters ofr
>the sensors given and readable real time, self testing, etc....
>
>  They're cheap in the yards too....:-)

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com