the nissan ecu

Paul Raley raleyp at UDel.Edu
Wed Oct 1 04:29:47 GMT 1997

I've been rooting around in the archives and have come up with some
great info, but I need more.  I gathered that the Hitachi 40pin chips in
the ecu were basically Motorola?  The part numbers,
1)   HD6802WP
2)  HD46510P
I gather the first one is a MC6802 (this is not the same as the MC68020,
right? still learning designations), the second one I have no clue as of
yet.  My intentions are to be able to reprogram the ECU, and I'm
learning as I go (baby steps).
The vehicle is a 86 300zx turbo (with upgraded compressor and
intercooler-what fun!!).  Can I purchase sockets for each chip and
solder them in place easily?
Does anyone have recommendations as to what direction I should go to
learn how to read the maps?
So far, I've found the instruction set summary for the 6802, and
couldn't find anything at Motorola's site.

Thank You,
Paul Raley