Large injectors for racing 2- stroke

Function First Motorsports ffmd at mail1.nai.net
Wed Oct 1 13:49:48 GMT 1997

Howdy

The throttle bodies are available from TWM and Kinsler as well as others.
They are expensive. Kinsler's are clamp on with 1.45" and 1.82" standard
bores, but any ID/OD boot size is available. I only see one injector per
bore on the casting but that can be modified.
TWM's were designed for Porsche applications but they also are individual
bodies. They are available in 46-54 mm in 2mm steps. These units have a two
bolt base so you need to make the adapter.
 TWM also lists an IDA, 3 barrel style bodies in 40mm, 44mm, 46mm, 48mm.
These are on 94mm barrel spacing.
This 3 barrel allows a single throttle shaft if the bore spacing is
suitable, but I suspect you need more than 48mm for your engine.
Two injectors per cylinder is a good way to meet your requirements, fitting
one injector as low in the port as possible helps the bottom end torque.

At 04:21 AM 9/30/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I only have 3 cylinders in my engine.

>> 3)   Who is a good supplier for throttle bodies. I need single
individual ones to replace motorcycle type carbs. Any advantage in having
one common throttle opening shaft instead of three individual ones ?

Charlie North
Function First Motorsports
"If it ain't broke, modify it!"
Colebrook Conn.