Jag V12 ECU Mods

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Fri Oct 3 12:27:14 GMT 1997

>On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Clare Snyder wrote:
>

>> Try a 2.8 V6 system and add an extra six injectors - batch fired - drive the
>> extra drivers from the current injectors - 3 extra on each side - one driver
>> for each set of 3 - use same driver as stock unit, or use 2 2.8 systems,
>> with 2 throttle bodies, two ecus, etc, like a 2X4 system.
>> >

>Yes.  This is exactly the train of thought I was having.  How easy to
>modify?  How hard to create?  What donor cars would you look for?
>
>John

For a single ecu system, I would use two throttle bodies if there is a TPS
or MAFF, only connect one. Connect the trigger for another set of drivers
(possibly pirated from a second ECU) to the injector wiring to double the
fuel output.

The slightly better way would be using two complete V6 systems. You could
use a speed density system, using only a MAP sensor and TPS, or the
full-blown air flow sensing version. The speed density system was used on
many 2.8 litre GM V6 engines - speed density prom was a retrofit on many J?
SERIES (LIKE THE PONTIAC 6000) to get around a MAFF sensor problem. I would
go that route to start, MAFF could be added later by changing the calpack.