GM speed sensors & ECM suggestions

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Mon Oct 6 15:25:31 GMT 1997

> ----------

There are several sources for the geared tailshaft.  This is not a real
obstacle.  I would recommend the 4L60E because you can more easily
program it for your shift points and it remains dead accurate under a
wide range of conditions.
> >   -Can't be an EEPROM type GM ECM since the CarPROM software can't
> handle
> > those
> >  boxes
	Go ahead and use the TPS computer (either 86-89, MAF- or 90-92,
MAT). There are several reputable tuners who can program the Memcal
according to your engine statistics.