Anyone familar with Halltec ECU?

Seth Bibler chameleo at europa.com
Mon Oct 6 22:54:29 GMT 1997

Hello all,

I am currently involved with transplanting a '91 13BT (13B Turbo Rotary)
engine into my '85 RX-7.  I have been looking around at different ECUs and
am interested in the Halltec unit as it will also control timing
adjustments w/o costing as much as the engine did.  I don't have much
information on it.  I have some questions like:   Does the ECU use the O2
sensor to detect mixture like the OEM unit?  Can I use aftermarket coils?
 Do I need ignitors or does it require that I use the stock distributor?
 How much boost can I push with the OEM injectors (I am using a Garrett
TO4)?  What if I used injectors off of a GSL-SE ('84-'85)?  I heard that
they are larger.

What I really need is to talk to someone that has experience with these
things.  If you are out there please reply to me privately.

Thanks in advance,

Seth Bibler
chameleo at europa.com
'85 RX-7 GSL