Australia - which cars used TBI ??

Steve Lamb lambs at hotblk.dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue Oct 7 00:37:56 GMT 1997

>je camira was a delco 808 P4 TPI 2.0
>jd had a tbi delco systembut it used a 277which can be replaced by a 808
>but it was only 1.6 .....need more info ....???  mail me

Thanks for that Justin.....but I'm a bit confused now.  I thought the
capacity changes for Camiras went like this:

JB = 1.6L
JD = 1.8L
JE = 2.0L

Are you saying that some/all JD's were only 1.6L ??.  But I'm sure I've
seen some advertised as 1.8's (??). In which case, did they all use TBI ??
or only the 1.8's ??.  I'll need to be sure for when I go hunting for a
system.

TIA

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089