SDS EM-1

Bruce Crawford crawford at planet.earthcom.net
Tue Oct 7 01:53:21 GMT 1997

Someone wrote regarding the SDS Em-1D:

I have a EM-1 on a 6PI ported 13B rotary and it is darned difficult
to get just right, but where it's right, it runs darned well.

Perhaps the trouble is due to mixing a rotary with a speed/density
EFI, but I can say that the EM-1 is very easy to program. Other
oddities are the somewhat cheesy injector plugs and other harness
items, but all in all, not a bad system for the dollar.

My 13B is running four 440cc/min ND injectors on a modified late
model 13B intake manifold/throttlebody. The injectors are batch fired
rather than stage fired like the OE system, and the 6PI linkage and
rotary valves have been removed and the manifold ported.

I hear now that SDS had the EM-2 out, but I have no idea what changes
were made to aquire the upgrade denomination.

Regards,

Bruce Crawford                crawford at planet.earthcom.net
#43 Spec RX7 WDC Region    http://www.earthcom.net/~crawford
3rd place MARRS series SRX7