seeking fuel pressure sender

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:40:14 GMT 1997

>>> '87
>
>  Ok, Ill have to jump in and post an answer to this one too;)  Go look in
>Digikey, someone (MSI) sells 0-100,...,0-10000 psi stainless steel pressure
>sensors for ~$80 (qty 1).  The accuracy is stated as better than 1% and

 snip

>look (www.digikey.com).  If you've never ordered from them before, they
>tend to be a little pricey, but are consistently rated #1 in all other

I gotta jump in here too ...  ;-)   .... I've ordered lots from Digikey.
I order mucho electronics stuff every year.  For my personal stuff,
Digi-Key probably gets as high a rating as I can give!  I don't know
where you get that they are "pricey".  If you know of someone less
expensive -- please tell me!!!  Now, don't tell me the name of someone,
like RatShack, that sells junk!  Digi-Key sells name brand, top of
the line components.  Other sources I recommend are Mouser and Active.

One other note on buying electronics parts .... there's a pretty good
rule of thumb in the electronics industry .... if they publish a
catalog they'll be more expensive!  So, if you're in business and
buy lots of electronics parts, you buy from someone like Sterling
or Hallmark or Hamilton-Avnet (some of these may be out of business
now).  They specialize in specific types of items ... so you may
not be able to buy wire or capacitors or reistors from one of them
but another will carry every type of that product you could want.
When you buy from these guys, all you get is a "line sheet" that
tells you which manufacturers' products they stock -- and you have
to know who makes the capacitor, etc that you want.

So, I can't think of anything to "dis"-recommend Digi-Key.  Certainly
not price, not stock nor delivery.  .... AND .... you can order *on-line*!!

>  If you are looking for a lower pressure sensor for a carb application,
>check out omega (www.omega.com).  They always have lots of cool sensing
>stuff (plus a set of free databooks that are worth every penny;)

now comes Omega ..... talk about PRICEY !!!   But, if it's instrumentation,
they've got it!

>Just my 2c.
>Stephen Dubovsky

well, guess that's 3c worth  ;-)

Tom Cloud

   Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!
                       8^)