seeking fuel pressure sender

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 8 17:45:36 GMT 1997

>>I would like to mount the fuel pressure indicator in the cab of my
>>truck, so the fuel-rail mounted type isn't the ticket. Is the
>>diaphram material in an oil pressure sender resistant to gasoline ?
>>I remain on the hunt....thanks for all the input thus far.  Steve
>
>Personally, I would think so, because oil and gasoline have similar roots -
>liquified dinosours, plants, and other organic things.  However, I didn't
>want to confirm something I quite honestly wasn't sure about.

me too .... I would think that gasoline would just dissolve things
faster than motor oil (esp when you consider that the motor oil
will be hot and full of engine gases  ....  but, I can also imagine
that there are certain things that gasoline would deteriorate
where motor oil might not.

Why don't you use one and let us know how it worked out  ;-)

Tom Cloud

   Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!
                       8^)