it's impossible

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Oct 9 02:52:11 GMT 1997

Tuck wrote:

> I'm tired of screwing around with the car trying to make it run right, let
> me solicit your opinions.
>
> I have hesitation at random rpm spots when the engine is under heavy load....

Check your dewpoint at the time of hesitation. It sounds a lot like carb
icing, (I know, it's not carbed), however, it's a simple check, and if
you have a manifold air temp. available, check it against the dewpoint.
Airflow will develop icing anywhere, anytime, if the conditions are
right. Having water dumped on your plugs on an apparently random basis
is a good way to mess with your head

Try driving an old carbed Dodge up a mountain sometime. :-)

Terry