seeking fuel pressure sender

Michael G. Glover glover at midfre.com
Thu Oct 9 04:11:53 GMT 1997

> Date:          Mon, 06 Oct 1997 13:07:07 -0500
> From:          sfg <sfgent at ac.net>

> I'm looking for a fuel pressure sender (transmitter) to use on an '87
> TBI 350 Chevy Blazer. Would an oil pressure sender withstand use with
> gasoline?  What should the range be for the sender to operate at
> midscale? Which ECU applications monitor fuel pressure?
> Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

Just for the hell of it I went to AutoZone and spent $12 buck for an
oil pressure sending unit and installed it on the schrader valve
location where I have my gauge mounted.  The NPT fitting was the
exact size needed.

I put an OHM meter on it and it hovered around 148-150ohms at idle
and went up to 157-158 while revving the engine.  At idle with vacuum
my fp is @ 34psi and 41psi without.

My question is, could I connect and electric oil pressure gauge and
scale it to display properly or are there any electric fuel pressure
gauges available?

TIA
Best Regards,

Mike Glover