it's impossible

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Oct 9 05:31:47 GMT 1997

Terry Martin wrote:

> Tuck wrote:
> >
> > I'm tired of screwing around with the car trying to make it run right, let
> > me solicit your opinions.
> >
> > I have hesitation at random rpm spots when the engine is under heavy load....
>
> Check your dewpoint at the time of hesitation. It sounds a lot like carb
> icing, (I know, it's not carbed), ...yada yada yada

I neglected the obvious, don't check anything, just port a heat riser
onto the intake and see if the problem goes away. BTW, me and carb icing
don't like each other. Try it at forced practice stall 20 feet off the
ground in fog in a Beaver Ultra-light. The only thing that separated us,
(me and trusty Rotax) from the ground was the fact that cold air is also
dense, and ground effect cut in with a nose in accelleration. (For you
grond hogs, I'm talking about seat-of-your pants flying very fun
things.)

On the ground, or in the air, it beats walking the pud,
Terry