GM Controller Concerns

Jennifer Rose javer96 at snowcrest.net
Sun Oct 12 23:43:11 GMT 1997

At 01:08 PM 10/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I was hoping someone could help me decide which ECM I should use to run
>port injection on my `72 Oldsmobile 350.    A few months ago someone on
>the list advised me to use an ECM from `90-`92 camaro.  I was wondering
>what the advantage is to using the `90 and later ECMS.  I'd kinda like
>to use a pre-90 ECM since they seem easier to come by.  I was also
>wondering if there's any way to use a MAP sensor on the `89 and older
>ECMs, since they're less expensive than MAF, and easier to fit.  The
>Olds camshaft isn't too terribly wild,(.456in. lift; 248deg. duration at
>.050 lift;110deg. lobe seperation.) does anyone think it's gonna cause
>problems with a MAP senosor?
>
>Any Info is appreciated.
>
>Greg Pruett
>`72 Vista Cruiser
>`67 Cutlass Supreme
>
>Greg

	90-92 F-body (Camaro) used a ecm p/n 1227730 - which was also used in
J-bodied cars. About $50 in local wrecking yards. 86-89 F-body used ecm p/n
1227165 about $75. If ya use 730 ecm from J-body will need to replace eprom
or used F-body bin file in existing prom. A few weeks ago Steve S.
mentioned he had a circuit to adjust for any cam. Haven't heard any more
info from Steve on circuit. Hope he's reading these posts and will decide
what he wants for the circuit.

Vance