driving an injector

Paul Raley raleyp at UDel.Edu
Tue Oct 14 19:08:12 GMT 1997

I was looking through a parts catalog and saw a 'kit' for a PWM driver
(from the 'Tech America' catalog from the Shack).  It can drive up to
6.5amps and is adjustable from 0-100% with a frequency of 100hz to
5khz.   I noticed this as a means to add an additional injector to my
300zx turbo.  I've got the injector (a 26lb/hr same as original
injectors) and believe I'll mount it right after the throttle body, I
think a pressure switch should do the job for activating the driver, the
car all ready has one that activates at ambient air pressure.  The kit
is only $23, do you think this could be used as a temporary AIC. It sure
beats the $700 price I heard HKS asks for theirs!  Since its adjustable
from 0-100%, I was wondering if there was some way to link this to the
duty cycle of the stock injectors.  Example, if the stock injectors is
working at 60% have the aux. injector running at 40%, having it lag
behind  a little.  Of course tuning would be in order to get the mixture
(near) correct.

Paul R