GM TBI Injectors

Joe Boucher
Wed Oct 15 19:39:05 GMT 1997

Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:

> Sorry but my mail tools may have lost a reply or two----  did anyone have a
> comment on finding the CFM ratings for GM throttle bodies?

>   Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
>     408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com
>
> owner-diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu on 10/13/97 02:58:34 PM
> Please respond to diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu @ internet
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu @ internet
> cc:
> Subject: Re: GM TBI Injectors

Sadly, no one commented.  I have a comment, but I can't back it up.  I
think the 455 and maybe the 350 throttle bodies are 670 cfm.

Turbo City will sell you a modified throttle body with improved flow.
They do the usual stuff such as smooth ridges and remove some metal from
the shaft where it connects to the butterfly.  There is a trick anyone
can do.  You stack two gaskets between the throttle body and the stalk
the injectors are mounted on.  Supposedly gives an improvement.

Joe Boucher
'70 Camaro   '81 TBI Suburban