Radiator Cap--flow rate through radiator

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Oct 16 01:54:54 GMT 1997

Michael Skolones wrote:

> Clearly, flow into radiator = flow out of radiator,
>         and flow into block = flow out of block

OK, I'll beat it to death. The coolant not only passes through the
radiator at a slower velocity because of greater volume, but has more
direct volume surface contact with a better heat conductive surface than
the coolant in the block. Add in air flow. If nothing else, the reason
for air flow through the radiator should give the reason for coolant
flow through the system generally.

Maintaine HP in piston engines is limited to the size and efficiency of
the radiator.

Terry