Radiator Cap--flow rate through radiator

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 16 12:25:59 GMT 1997

>Or my 1970 Firebird that would overheat without a thermostat. The coolant
>went through the radiator too fast to have much heat removed from it.

did it ever occur to you that that might not be the reason ??  I'll
bet that's the same reasoning that led to the "leave a battery on
a concrete floor and it'll discharge" myth.

How about that the water circulated fast enough to allow cavitation?

(see, I like this explanation bettah all da time  ;-)

Tom Cloud

     Madness takes its toll   .....   please have exact change