Radiator Cap

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Thu Oct 16 14:47:22 GMT 1997

> Does the the theory of constraining the velocity of water
> through the the radiator and block in order to assure that there is
> time to acquire heat, also call for the velocity of
> air through the radiator to be controlled to assure that the
> air has time to pick up heat from the radiator? :)
>
> John Carroll

Beautiful analogy - puts this thing to rest in my mind, 'cuz I know
that a radiator still works in fast cars as well as tractors.

Maybe it would ease some minds not to think of cavitation, but just
turbulent flow?  I could envision that it may not be cavitation
causing lack of hot metal to coolant contact, but turbulent flow in
the coolant passages that causes loss of contact?

-mike