Wastegate mod.....

Robert Schaefer rschaefe at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Thu Oct 16 20:13:47 GMT 1997

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Christian B. Hoelzle wrote:

> > Here's something I've been interested in--  How many people've built
> > their
> > own black box?  With the plethora of silicon horsepower that can be

<snip>

>  Bob,
>
> I guess I have to make my own black box.... so I am not sure now...
> the project.... fuel injection for a Honda CBX (6 zylinder motorcycle
> with 1047 ccm)
>
> right now the plan is to build 6 sets - one for each zylinder and have
> them syncronized - modified or checked (however you like to cal it) by a
> regular PC.... the aim is to have no static EPROM or whatever is used
> regulary - I have more some algorithem in mind that would optimize the
> fuel injection during the ride.... neuro net technilogy - could work?

Neat-o!  I'm in the middle of swapping the engine in my van, and after
it's running good and I find a spare car t' drive, I'm thinking 'bout
switching it to EFI, and I just -know- I can build a better computer than
the OEM stuff I could get.  It'd be able t' switch between, say, best power,
best emissions, and best efficency; I'd be able 't limit the power, in
case certain siblings with even less sense than experience wanna drive it,
all kinds'a Rilly Kewl(TM) stuff like that.  I know, I know, KISS and all
that, but still...  Computers are on my list of all-time favs, so are cars,
why not combine 'em!

ja

Bob

"If they don't want subs, let 'em watch duhbs!"