Analog Meter capability

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri Oct 17 14:58:03 GMT 1997

>Would an analog meter with 10k internal resistance require more power
>than the sensor would put out?  I have a small 10 meg internal
>resistance voltmeter, but I don't think this would work well. The
>digital meter display wouldn't settle down enough to take readings.  The
>analog would tend to dampen out some fluctuations.

Go for it.  I believe the impedance will be off... I thought the GM MAP was
in the 1meg range... but worse that happens is the needle doesn't move.

But, there is a solution... if you don't mind soldering together a simple
op-amp circuit to increase the gain :)

>Joe (Oscilliscope challenged) Boucher

Got mine at a garage sale for under $10. Needed a power supply capacitor
(and got it in Radio Shack no less LOL)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---