Twin Turbo Update... (10/13)

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Fri Oct 17 15:49:18 GMT 1997

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Tom Cloud wrote:

> >-> Actually, Pontiac only used aluminum exhaust manifolds for drag
> >-> racing.
> >-> Anything else, they would have melted.
> >
> cooling here.  I would think that a thick, cast aluminuminuminum
> manifold would last a good while, but that it would ablate away
> on the inside due to the blow torch exhaust stream directed at it.

Ignoring the fact that we are all off-topic here...the only reason that
these aluminum exhaust manifolds, and other exotic pieces such as the
Mopar cast-iron headers were developed was a NASCAR requirement of the
time that these pieces be factory production only...there was no other
advantage (that I am aware of)

Jim Davies