1995 BMW DME

Orin Eman orin at WOLFENET.com
Fri Oct 17 17:41:59 GMT 1997

>  What are you trying to do.. exactly.. maybe I can help!

>  This is what I do for a living.. I developed a Win95 tuning tool for
>  Motronic that can even resize the injectors with the click of a mouse
>  Even BOSCH does not have that capability!!

>  You need to tell me.. Hardware #, and Software # to start..

>  0 261 20x xxx from the DME cover and 1 267 35x xxx from the EPROM label

Have you worked with the Audi A4 1.8T ECU yet?  Bosch part #0 261 204 178/179.
CPU is an Intel 87C196KR.  As per recent discussion, on the US version,
there is no obvious EPROM, rather a chip which can be replaced by
a 29F200.  The original part is AMD and marked B 58601M 9626DGA D
(second half looks like a date code to me).  There is no other labeling
on this chip.

There is also another large Nat Semi chip marked NS9624AG SCL 4402-V4.

Orin.