Wastegate - Throttle position sensor

alex nicu nicualex at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 02:39:25 GMT 1997

The TPS it's just a potentiometer whith a range between 0 and 5 volts.
The only problem with this TPS it's that for throttle release the
reading it's not 0 and also for full throttle it's not 5V . The range
it's between 4% to 70% ( aprox ) . So , on my AIC , I make a calibration
procedure to set release throttle and full throttle .
I'm also thinking about one electronic boost controller . The only
problem it's to find a good ( fast  enough) valve ( or maybe 2 valves
like on PROFEC B ) to control the bleeding for the wastegate .
On my AIC I'm using a 2D map ( TP and RPM ) and the MAP sensor like a
variable limit switch . This one will be very ease to change in to a
boost controller .
Alex
http://home.onestop.net/nalex