rad and coolant

Mario Tito mario at swingbridge.com
Sat Oct 18 04:26:18 GMT 1997

>I liked the art work.

Thanks.

>The 195 thermostat does increase the rad efficiency. The engine is going
>to be making the same waste heat for a given power output regardless of
>the thermostat. With the higher thermostat, you are going to be able to
>dump more heat at the radiator. I have also found that the engine runs
>better and makes more poop with the higher thermostat. Probably cleaner
>too.
>
>-j-

So, the higher the therm, the more heat will be shed by the block itself,
so less total heat to rad, I suppose.
What's "poop"? exhaust gasses?
Another thing- cavitations can form around sharp curves, right? like at
the
gasket edges, making 'pits' in the metal or gasket material, making more
chance for cavitation, getting worse and worse. So immediate changes in
experiments of therm/ no therm may be misleading. another two cents.

Mario T.
mailto:Freshmar at aol.com-----'76 VW Camper FI A/T,,'79 Fiat X1/9