analog voltage to duty cycle for fuel injector

Ken Mayer mayerk at IDT.NET
Mon Oct 20 21:33:32 GMT 1997

[snip]
> I'm planning to piggyback a fuel injection system to compensate for the
> added fuel required by boost.
>
> Has anyone designed an analog voltage to duty cycle circuit?  I can
> easily convert boost to a voltage which I want to use to vary the duty
> cycle of the injectors.

Use an A/D convertor.  The digital output can be used to load a counter.
The count determines the 'on' time.  Another clock signal then
periodically reloads the counter at some given frequency (maybe related to
RPM?).  Shouldn't be too difficuly to design.

Ken
:-)