Want to put EFI on a 4.3L Chevy

Charles Morgan cmorgan at efn.org
Tue Oct 21 16:06:15 GMT 1997

At 09:06 AM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>My '86 chevy pickup with a 4.3L V6 came with a quadrajet carb, and a
> rats nest of vacuum controled emissions crap, and an air pump.
>I want to remove all this and put EFI on it.
>
>Being that trucks lag behind cars by several years as far as getting new
>stuff, I was wondering what cars I could find in a junkyard that would
>have this engine.

Jay, Throttle Body Injection (VIN Z) 4.3s were introduced on GM small trucks
in 1988 and Central Port Injection (VIN W, aka Vortec) 4.3s were introduced
in 1992. The TBI engines are rated at about 160hp and the CPI engines about
200hp.  You might want to get a complete engine (computer, harnesses, air
cleaner, etc.).  It might be a whole lot easier.

Charlie Morgan