Memcal chips. What are they???

Craven, Darren [IBM GSA] DCraven at vitgbsd3.telstra.com.au
Wed Oct 22 00:17:28 GMT 1997

Hi all

This is my first post to this list, so not too many flames
for the newbie  ;-)

I have a 90, 5.0L PFI Commodore (in OZ) with a Delco P4
808 ECM.

I have searched through the archives and found quite a
lot of info regarding the memcal in these, however, apart
from the 27C128 eprom, I am still unsure as to what the
other two chips are.

Mine has a 14 pin dip and a 16 pin dip.  The 14 pin dip has
the number 16080140 and the 16 pin dip has the number
16080142.

I have read that these are resistor packs used to set
vehicle parameters.  But I have also read that they
are roms?

Any info or pointers in the right direction would be
appreciated.

Regards
Darren Craven