Volumetric efficiency table

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Oct 23 00:58:15 GMT 1997

somebody wrote:

> > Really?  I was under the impression that EEProms had limitations on the
> > number of times it can be written to, something like 100 or 200.

It used to was, and still is for some types. However, the clear line
between ram and rom has been smeared to include an alphabet soup of
memory chip types. The UV PROM was only reliable to 5-10 erasures,
although I've run them up over twenty or so before they get unstable. It
also depends on the quality, (read manufacturer), and the UV source.
Broad band high intensity ovens cook the bits out of even good ones.
With "Flash" rom, and a complicated bunch of other types which closely
resemble ram, they have the only real difference is the speed.
Non-volatile ram and rom are now practically interchangeable terms.

I wish I had bookmarked it, but I think it was the Motorola site that
has a comprhensive listing of types and specs.

Terry