Top end lean out

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Fri Oct 24 19:20:43 GMT 1997

Stephen J Jacobs wrote:

> 2) Variable rate of raise fuel pressure valve - one that would generate
> more pressure as the vacuum decreased.  Thus increasing the amount of
> fuel delivered into the chamber at wider throttle openings.  Problems I
> see, the L-jet already has one, but I am not sure how much change it
> actually makes.  And there is a possibility the injectors are at max flow
> with the stock for the injector pulse width.
>
> 3) Tricking the CPU to increase the injectors pulse width.  Two ideas,
> install a variable resistor onto the cylinders head temp sensor to make
> the engine think it is cold.  Or install a variable resistor into the
> line coming from the air flapper to increase the pulse width again.  I
> know this one works since I had a defective air flapper that had such a
> high resistance it caused the engine to run really rich.

Yep, used both these tricks to convert a naturally aspirated 1100 Kwak
bike, to a turbo 1200. The temperature sensor was wire in with a 1k pot,
which was attached to the handle bars. Using an a/r meter, watched the
ixture get richer when the pot was turned 1/4 of a turn, and the fuel
pressure regulator kept the fuel pressure to 35PSI+boost. Works ok,
except when the turbo gets to about 11 pound - which is fine, cause by
then the otor is producing about 210 hp, and all this through a 110
tyre. The turbo pressure regulator should be availabloe from any
performance shop in your area, mine cost me about £35.00, and they are
adjustable. If you need further infor, shout, I will supply.

Tony
Sent By tony.cooper at virgin.net