Top end lean out(1200 turbo)

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Sat Oct 25 06:17:53 GMT 1997

MFetsko at aol.com wrote:

> Does anybody know how to size a turbo to a perticular size motor or any
> programs that will?

First step is to figure out how much CFM the motor will flow at full
boost and rpms (use displacement, rpms, boost pressure ratio, and
volumetric efficiency) The next is to determine what kind of engine do
you want (i.e. full boost by 2000 rpms w/ a wastegate for low to
midrange power, or a top end motor that flows extremely well but only
starts making a decent amount of boost at higher rpms... I've been
working on this for my twin turbo camaro project, and found a few books
great. Check out "Designing turbo systems" or something like that by
Corky Bell ($35) and Turbochargers by Hugh MacInnes. They are both very
usefull books.

--
********************Skulte Performance Designs********************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu
http://www.tufts.edu/~askulte/ttt/ttt.htmly
(617)627-1601   89 IROC M5 305 TPI  best ET:13.994  best MPH:103.9

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)