o2 meter

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
Sun Oct 26 19:44:05 GMT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Andris Skulte wrote:

> on the testbench. There was a note in the instructions that I should
> ground it only at the o2 sensor. What is the best way to ground it
> there? Do I attempt to solder a lead right onto the sensor? Probably not
> since the solder would just melt... Should I try to get one of those
> rings that the o2 sensor would screw through and crimp the ground? My

Could do what we did on our FSAE car... it's ugly but it works.  Crim
some standard metal forked crimps onto the ground lead (non insulated...
the plastic will burn, and cause a stink otherwise), and place the tines
of the connectoer into a hoseclamp that is tightened around the O2 sensor.

We took these (and all the other grounds) and tied them to a single point
on the block (and tied the MCU ground there as well).

                Thor Johnson
          johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
     http://falcon.cs.mercer.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?