O2 Sensor

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Mon Oct 27 10:57:21 GMT 1997

Michael Tosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sourced a 02 sensor from a Fiat Uno Turbo at a scrap yard.
> I saw in the project it is mentioned that the o2 sensor has 3 wires.
> The one I have, has only one wire?
> Will this work for the O2 Meter ? (
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~eppu/dev/EGO-bar.html )
>
> And if it will work, how far can I place it from the Cylinder ?
> I run a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and was thinking of placing it right
> where the whole thing goes into one.
> will this work ?

Yes it will work. The sensor that you have got is a non-heated version
of the sensor. As to where to place it, well the sensor needs to get
fairly hot before it will produce any usfull signal, and so if you could
place it as close as possible to the exhaust port then this will help.
If you want to put it at the end of the 4-2-1 header, then it will
problably still work, but it may take some time to get up to
temperature.

This of course will be fairly un-usfull for measuring warm up
mixtures.!!!!

TTFN
Tony
Sent By tony.cooper at virgin.net