Op amping the O2 sensor

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 27 23:37:56 GMT 1997

>>>the output is analog (i.e. it's not a quantum leap kinda thingie  ;-)
>>>but it's function is far from linear, with it changing joltage
>>>rapidly around stoich.  Output near zero for lean mixtures and
>>>near 1 jolt for rich, with steep slope from about .2 volts to
>>>.8 volts at stoich -- forget A:F range, but it's very narrow.
>>
>>  I saw one that had the steep slope you're talking about, and the range
>>was I believe a few hundredths of an AF ratio, with the curve flattening

 ... snipo

>There is a pretty good explanation of the EGO and a curve for it in Probst's
>book -- though no real technical data.  I don't have any nos. on SAE papers.
>Do a YAHOO search for "oxygen sensor".  There's several real good treatments
>of them out there.
>
>Rick Kirchhof has some data at

doing some more looking ... really interesting "Counter Pro Course"
on Computer Command Control at
        http://www2.Niehoff.com/niehoff/cprotest/cpc10a.html

info from the course about EGO, etc is at
        http://www2.Niehoff.com/niehoff/cprotest/cpc10d.html

a little from the same course on knock sensors, etc
        http://www.niehoff.com/cprotest/cpc10e.html

Tom Cloud

 Clothes make the man ....  Naked people have little or no influence on society.