speed-density and TPS

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Tue Oct 28 00:27:19 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:
>  We want to know the mass
> of the air entering the engine -- and you can't get it from the above
> equation since you don't know VE.  You *can* get it by

>  1 - measuring VE and setting the controls of an alpha-n or SD system for
> it (or tune by the seat-of-the-pants like I do -- actually, a tach, vac gage,
> and stop watch).

How?

>  2 - directly measuring it by MAF -- but most maf gages measure reversion
> pulses the same as incoming air so they have a deficiency with race cams
> I'm told -- and it makes sense to me ??

With the MAF sensor, how do you get the volumetric efficiency? I've got
a few runs that I logged with a Diacom, and the air flow readings peak
at 196. Is this grams/second? This was at 4700 rpms. MAT was 86, and
humidity was around 65, I think (does it matter a lot?) Thanks for the
help :)

--
********************Skulte Performance Designs********************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.tufts.edu/~askulte

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)