ALDL to PC interface

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Tue Oct 28 00:41:36 GMT 1997

Craven, Darren [IBM GSA] wrote:

> I need info on what command codes to send the ecm to get
> data out of it.  I am currently working on this but if anyone on
> the list has any info or ideas, then it would be appreciated.

The required commands can be "grabbed" from a scan tool connected to the
DL. I have some of them, but they vary according to data request, etc.
They are retrieved in hex, so you need to convert to bin and have the
bitmap available. Not a simple thing, but not impossible, as evidenced
by the generosity of individuals on this group. It seems to be standard
protocol that you get nothing unless you exhaust your own resources
first. A reasonable response, considering the best sources are
educators.

> I have not read the EPROM yet but will do so soon.  I don't
> have access to a prom burner  :-(

I have a programmer sitting here doing nothing until my 13yr old kid
catches up with the concept of using an ecm to brain up a robotics
project. ( I've talked him up to the door, but he has to open it). The
mail still works last time I checked, so if you'll risk your prom or
cal-pak, I'll unload it for you. Freebie.

Terry