fuel filter fittings

Charles Morgan cmorgan at efn.org
Wed Oct 29 15:37:41 GMT 1997

At 11:28 PM 10/28/97 -0500, John Gwynne wrote:
>I'm trying to use a stock GM fuel filter ('88 tpi Camaro) in my
>efi engine swap, but I'm having trouble with the fittings.
>These are the ones with the o-ring seals and seem to be
>metric. Are these called siginaw fittings? I would like to
>put this inline with the steel tubing, but I only have a
>single/double flare tool. What's the best way to connect
>this without buying a new flaring tool nor having a handful
>of adaptors? (Anyone know, off hand, what one of those tools
>cost?)

John, those are indeed Saginaw fittings in the fuel filter.  Accel makes a
3/8" hose barb adapter to fit them (part no. 74720). I would single flare
your steel tubing, and use a short length of fuel injection hose to connect
to the barb fitting adapter.  Use special fuel injection clamps (available
at NAPA); they can be tightened more than regular clamps without harming the
hose.

Charlie Morgan