fuel filter location

B.E. Herron beh_jh at transport.com
Mon Sep 1 19:15:55 GMT 1997

At 02:48 PM 8/12/97 +1200, you wrote:

>This is what I'm doing.......
>Low pressure pump feeding the surge tank (in the boot), efi pump
>feeding fuel rail (from ST), out from regulator going back to surge
>tank, surge tank over flow going back to tank, Fuel tank vented to
>atmosphere.
>This should give good pressure regulation and no pressure build up in
>the ST.
>
>Cheers
>
>Simon

Sorry for the late response, but got WAY behind on reading my mail.  Why
would you feed a surge tank (ST) with a mechanical pump and then feeding
forward with the electric pump?  Most new cars use and in-tank pump
(electric) and return directly to the tank.  Also, any other installations
I've seen have only an electric pump (as close to the tank as possible)
with a return line to the tank or just before the pump.  As long as the
tank is vented, the pressure regulation should be addequate.

Bradley E. Herron
'66 Mustang Fastback	'73 Camaro RS