Weld-L's

Brian Knowles briankk at aimnet.com
Wed Sep 3 22:52:02 GMT 1997

>so ..... has anyone tried brazing or silver soldering ???  I'd
>think the brazing would hold up quite well but would suspect the
>silver solder -- esp if in a bend on the outer curve where it
>gets the direct blast from the exhaust.  The advantage of the silver
>solder is you can work with stainless (don't need heli-arc)
>
>Tom Cloud

Doesn't work.  Well, worse, it does work for a while, then it fails.
Typical mild steel exhaust has to be fusion welded or it will crack.  I
also has to have slip joints for expansion, and must be suspended just
so, or it will crack.

Silver-soldered stainless is an interesting idea I've never seen used,
have no idea if it would work.

Brian