Injectors resistance

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Thu Sep 4 00:59:37 GMT 1997

At 09:24 PM 9/3/97 GMT, you wrote:
>On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 11:07:48 -0700, swagaero <swagaero at flash.net> wrote:
>
>>alex nicu wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what is the resistance range for injectors ( common ,
>>> on the market ) ?
>
>SwagMan wrote:
>>2, 12, 16, 32
>
>Hey Steve.
>
>Ooooh, time to pick your brain some more...do you mind? I've had my eye
>on that Moto device (that has 4 integral injector drivers in it...
>mc33293a, Quad Injector Driver), and COULD be all that is needed to
[SNIP]

The moto part is hard to find, and somewhat expsive in low qty. If you are
going to do saturated injectors, ie, the high impedance type (not 2 ohms)
you can run the National LM1951 1Amp driver. It has the built in zener, and
is short proof. I tried one and it seems to work great. They are a bit
costly too in low qty, but you can get them from DIGIKEY. If you want to
drive the low impedance injectors, then you can use one of the PCB and
related components that are on the EFI332 ftp site, the file is SUBDRV.???
or something of that nature.

Sandy