Injectors resistance

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Thu Sep 4 22:33:05 GMT 1997

At 07:38 PM 9/4/97 GMT, you wrote:
>On Thu, 04 Sep 1997 10:44:27 -0700, Sandy <sganz at wgn.net> wrote:
>
>>Boy, I'm sad to hear about the LM1951, as I have designed it in to the EFI
>>controller. How did you find out about the "life-time buy" for this part?
>
>If you click on availability link on their web page www.national.com
>after typing in LM1951, it will show. There's also usually a
>"obsolete.txt" document showing on the list of docs if the part is "on
>it's way".

Bummer, I like the 1951, but the LM1921 is a close replicant, less cost,
even with the external clamp zener. No diags pin, but, that is not a big
deal. I have been looking at IRF's 'Intelligent Drivers' the IRF6210,
IRF6216, IRF6226, and the SMD IRFS3021 parts as a better replacement to
both, but they also require an external clamp. One thing is nice, they are
rated at 5, 10, 20, 3 amps. I am trying to get some samples on them to see
how they work with saturated injectors. Not to forget real pricing...More
to come!

>>I really hate to ask,
>>but does the lm1949 show up as "life-time buy" as well?
>
>Oh, no way dude, thems in "full production" status, but now that I think
>of it, I believe the M package (SOP) is in "lifetime buy", but our
>favorite LM1949N (the MDIP package) is honkin on strong. Odd, huh?, that
>the through-hole part is sticking, and the surface mount is going
>bye-bye. Hmm, me thinks they're about to come out with a DIFF surface
>mount package, then, maybe.

Went up to the site today, much changed since the last time I was there
getting some free samples! I saw the SMD version of the LM1949 was on the
death list. The only reason that the Dip package is not there is because of
all the parts the EFI332 list has purchased ;-)

Did you look at the EFI332 web site and get the SUBDRV.??? files, I think
the schematics and PCB stuff is there too. If you need, I have a very
limited qty of the PCB that I designed, pretty reasonable too.

Sandy