Water Injection

Robert E. Yorke yorker at deltanet.com
Thu Sep 4 23:22:22 GMT 1997

Jason:

Give me 'till tomorrow; I'll provide you with the phone number etc, of
SpearCo Performance Products out here in California.  They sell a water
injection setup (I've got one on my turbo'd '88GT Fiero Auto) that goes for
~$160 and it does a very nice job...
Has provision for setting the onset of water injection as a function of
boost (Manifold) pressure.

At 03:43 PM 9/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Who has used water injection ? Any do's don'ts or suggestions?
>>
>> My plan is with water injection I can crank the boost level up with
>> out detonation problems.
>
>I also have a few water injection questions. (I would like to use water
injection
>in a non-efi application.)
>
>What type (brand, cost?) of injectors are available?  Where might I buy one?
>Do you have to use distilled or filtered water, or will tap water do the
trick
>(evil mineral deposits)?
>Is the water atomized, or just squirted into the combustion chamber in
big, ugly
>drops?
>
>Lastly, (shot in the dark) what kind of specs are typical for such an
injector?
>Firing frequency?  Is the water expected to be pre-pressurized to 75 PSI,
of a
>given temperature, or what?
>
>Any help would be great!
>
>Jason