why is rich better for power ??

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Fri Sep 5 16:32:24 GMT 1997

>can anyone out there tell me why stoich doesn't make the
>best power ??
>
>Tom Cloud
>
>       it IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you !!
>
>From what I remember, it has something to do with the efficiency of
combustion - not 100%, and some fuel condensing out on cooler surfaces etc.
Theoretical stoich does not always mean correct, and you would rather have a
wee bit of fuel left over than a wee bit of air when going for max power. It
is, after all, the amount of fuel burned that determines the amount of power
available. How it is burned determines how much power you get.