Fuel Injector Plug Insert Pins

Gary Ohst garyo at globalpac.com
Sat Sep 6 00:49:27 GMT 1997

List,

I am looking a source for the two metal insert receptacles found in
common plastic fuel injector connectors?  I have built-up a good supply
of used FI connectors from local yards, but the wires are all cut short
and now I want to make up a new harness from the FI connector back.

AMP sells these inserts as part of the Junior Timer connector series.
Common insert part numbers are:

20-24 AWG Tin plated  =  927872-2

16-20 AWG Tin plated  =  925596-1

14-18 AWG Tin plated  =  925597-1

Problem is AMP found no distributors with any stock.  AMP does not even
stock them.  If you special order, your looking at an 11 week delay.  I
couldn't get an actual price out of them, but they indicated they should
be in the $0.10 to $0.15 each range.  More info can be found at
www.amp.com if you search under the above part numbers.  I have a few
samples on the way to see which one matches the GM injector plug inserts
I already pulled.  I think GM is using 18 or 20 AWG for their injector
leads.

Anybody know of good source, or might also be interested in getting some
of these? Seems like a good way to clean-up and recycle all those
perfectly good used FI connectors out there.

There is a .gif file for these on AMPs webpage. Addl info:

Contact Type:			Junior Timer
Wire Range:			[0.20-0.50²] AWG [mm]
Insulation Diameter (Max.):	.047-.063 [1.2-1.6]
Contact Material:		CuSn4
Tab Fit:			.110 x .032 [2.8 x 0.8] in. [mm]
Contact Plating:		Pre-Tin
Other Properties:		Insulation Type FLKR
Cantilever Spring Material:     Stainless Steel
Extraction Tool:                725864-1

Any thoughts?

--Gary--